Sunday, August 15, 2010

Love, Life, Church

Today, was our last sunday in church. All the students were so incredible, hugs just kept coming. As we made this decision to go, church was a big issue for me. I love UBC. But more over, I am going to miss my "kids," especially my Senior boys. This group of guys has the potential to make this world a better place. They have come so far in what will be 4 years and I will miss them. Matt P, Matt B, Austin, Brandon, Lawrence, Derek, Robert, Grant, Tyler (taco), Adam, Will and Ryan (I know I have left someone out..sorry).

I have cherished watching them go from goofy 9th graders to more mature (still a little goofy) men. They are the leaders of tomorrow. When these guys enter a room, people notice, and it isn't because they are good looking (like me) and are built (like me), but it is the confidence they exude. Their confidence makes them the men of tomorrow; leaders of industry, doctors, lawyers, engineers or whatever road God takes them.

As they enter their Senior year, they will be faced with even more challenges than in previous years. The achievement of maximizing their grades, excelling at sports and maintaining friendships are all the areas of opportunity where they will face pressures to go outside of their belief. Pressures to do things that go against what God has in store for them and what is in their best interest.

I have seen them make good choices and not so good choices and they are learning every day. I pray that God keeps them safe, holds them in his Grace and guides them down a path that honors him.

No comments:

Post a Comment