Sunday, July 25, 2010

Anxiety and Stress......3 weeks to go

As my wife is describing the 2 houses that she like (thankfully she found houses instead of an apartment). Oone is really posh, but outside of where we would like so that kids might have other kids around and the other is only 1/2 mile from the school they will be attending though still nice, just not as nice. I start trying to think about these houses, I start to freak out knowing I know nothing about the city. I can close my eyes envision where everything is from Galveston to Huntsville and Beaumont to Victoria, but I am afraid I won't know where everything is. Then my wife describes how a piece of steak the size of my palm in the grocery store was 45 Euro ($50) for a single piece of meat (she said all meat was expensive). Is the entire country vegetarians?

As I continue to digest this, I now am officially unemployed (well at least in 2 more weeks). Everyone I tell (that didn't know or just found out) thinks it is the coolest thing? Is it wrong to think that here in America we do it in such a way that things are easy and accessible? Am I making to much of this and it is actually going to be a breeze? I have gotten some great advise from Jennifer Reeves (currently in Singapore) and she is on her 2nd overseas assignment and has managed to do this and have a kid while in Singapore. I feel like I am going to be this American Redneck Idiot that doesn't know nothin'.

On a side note, Liz visited the American School in Paris and found out that the cafeteria offers sushi (katherine was sold on that alone). She said the school is incredible and the kids will absolutely love it. Well, as we move to the final stages of leaving, I need to suck it up and make it work. I don't know how else I can accomplish it any other way.

Look out Paris.....Bubba is comin'

1 comment: