Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stuff and more stuff.....

They say that your stuff defines who you are.... If that is true, I am junk. We have moved a few times, but all those times we just moved everything with us. Now we are actually going through stuff, having to make inventories and log everything. So the theme right now in our life is "purge." How much unused, worthless junk can one family amass? Sad thing is that I haven't even started in the attic or garage or shed. I love all the people that invited us to the latest "party" to buy stuff, but I have an attic of scrapbooking, southern living stuff that has never been opened. Why do people do that? Buy stuff they never use. I found our wedding silverware that we never opened. Who does that? I have decided we are a society of "collecting." Just filing up spaces because there is space, or getting something because you might need it in the future.

What I have liked about this upcoming move is understanding that we need much less stuff and to be way more streamlined. This move is going to be humbling from the standpoint of living with less and being happy at the same time. To know that we as Amercian's tend to have more "stuff" than most other people in other countries.

New Kreuger mantra....Live with Less and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment